Current Big-8 Moderated Groups with no moderator

86 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Jason Evans

ungelesen,
18.02.2023, 06:06:2218.02.23
an
If you're interested in moderating a newsgroup and you've never done it
before, take a look at Russ Allbery's Pitfalls of Newsgroups Moderation.
=> https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/mod-pitfalls.html

If you have moderated before, you already have access to moderation
software and a Usenet server that will allow you to send moderated
messages AND you want to moderate another one, then please email us at
bo...@big-8.org.

Jason Evans

comp.binaries.cbm
comp.doc.techreports
comp.internet.library
comp.lang.c.moderated
comp.newprod
comp.org.cauce
comp.os.plan9
comp.robotics.research
comp.simulation
comp.sources.games
comp.std.announce
comp.sys.amiga.announce
comp.sys.sun.announce
comp.sys.wearables
humanities.philosophy.objectivism
misc.activism.progressive
misc.business.consulting
misc.business.marketing.moderated
misc.business.moderated
misc.entrepreneurs.moderated
misc.writing.screenplays.moderated
news.admin.announce
news.admin.technical
news.announce.conferences
news.announce.newusers
news.newusers.questions
rec.arts.anime.creative
rec.arts.anime.info
rec.arts.ascii
rec.arts.comics.info
rec.arts.comics.reviews
rec.arts.drwho.moderated
rec.arts.erotica
rec.arts.movies.erotica
rec.arts.movies.reviews
rec.arts.sf.announce
rec.arts.sf.starwars.info
rec.autos.sport.f1.moderated
rec.autos.sport.nascar.moderated
rec.boats.marketplace
rec.crafts.jewelry
rec.drugs.announce
rec.food.cuisine.jewish
rec.food.recipes
rec.gardens.ecosystems
rec.humor.funny
rec.humor.funny.reruns
rec.music.beatles.info
rec.music.beatles.moderated
rec.music.gaffa
rec.music.info
rec.music.makers.guitar.tablature
rec.music.promotional
rec.music.reviews
rec.pets.dogs.info
rec.pets.ferrets
rec.photo.moderated
rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
rec.skiing.announce
sci.aeronautics
sci.archaeology.moderated
sci.bio.evolution
sci.bio.phytopathology
sci.chem.organic.synthesis
sci.econ.research
sci.med.orthopedics
sci.military.moderated
sci.nanotech
sci.physics.foundations
sci.physics.strings
sci.space.moderated
sci.space.news
soc.adoption.adoptees
soc.atheism
soc.culture.african.american.moderated
soc.culture.basque
soc.culture.belarus
soc.culture.galiza
soc.culture.hawaii
soc.culture.indian.goa
soc.culture.jewish.parenting
soc.culture.kuwait.moderated
soc.culture.turkish.moderated
soc.feminism
soc.genealogy.african
soc.genealogy.surnames.britain
soc.genealogy.surnames.canada
soc.genealogy.surnames.german
soc.genealogy.surnames.global
soc.genealogy.surnames.misc
soc.genealogy.surnames.usa
soc.history.moderated
soc.personals
soc.politics
soc.politics.marxism
soc.religion.asatru
soc.religion.bahai
soc.religion.hindu
soc.religion.mormon
soc.religion.paganism
soc.sexuality.spanking
soc.support.loneliness

Adam H. Kerman

ungelesen,
18.02.2023, 06:54:2318.02.23
an
Jason Evans <jse...@mailfence.com> wrote:

>If you're interested in moderating a newsgroup and you've never done it
>before, take a look at Russ Allbery's Pitfalls of Newsgroups Moderation.
>=> https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/mod-pitfalls.html

>If you have moderated before, you already have access to moderation
>software and a Usenet server that will allow you to send moderated
>messages AND you want to moderate another one, then please email us at
>bo...@big-8.org.

>Jason Evans

Jason, there is no point in re-assigning moderation duties UNLESS the
volunteer moderator is willing to present a small team AND a moderator
succession policy. For decades, it's been made all too clear that one
moderator working all by himself is a single point of failure that will
inevitably lead to the group becoming unusable.

You should include the alt.* groups as well although there's no
legitimate way to re-assign moderators. Making the list all inclusive
might dissuade any future proponent from suggesting moderation.
Talk about violating naming conventions

>soc.culture.basque
>soc.culture.belarus
>soc.culture.galiza
>soc.culture.hawaii
>soc.culture.indian.goa
>soc.culture.jewish.parenting
>soc.culture.kuwait.moderated
>soc.culture.turkish.moderated
>soc.feminism
>soc.genealogy.african
>soc.genealogy.surnames.britain
>soc.genealogy.surnames.canada
>soc.genealogy.surnames.german
>soc.genealogy.surnames.global
>soc.genealogy.surnames.misc
>soc.genealogy.surnames.usa
>soc.history.moderated

This group failed? I thought it was well used.

>soc.personals
>soc.politics
>soc.politics.marxism
>soc.religion.asatru

Oh gawd, this was another one of those trollish proposals like the
moderated groups for the socmen and pondscum that was a total
embarassment for the hierarchy administrators. I think this actually
happened AFTER news.groups.moderated was started but Peter J. Ross will
remember better.

>soc.religion.bahai
>soc.religion.hindu
>soc.religion.mormon
>soc.religion.paganism
>soc.sexuality.spanking
>soc.support.loneliness

The loneliness newsgroup lacks a moderator? That's ironic.

Germanator vs. Kerman the German - Binaryan Bitzkrieg

ungelesen,
18.02.2023, 11:16:2918.02.23
an
On 2/18/23 05:54, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Jason Evans <jse...@mailfence.com> wrote:
>
>> If you're interested in moderating a newsgroup and you've never done it
>> before, take a look at Russ Allbery's Pitfalls of Newsgroups Moderation.
>> => https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/mod-pitfalls.html
>
>> If you have moderated before, you already have access to moderation
>> software and a Usenet server that will allow you to send moderated
>> messages AND you want to moderate another one, then please email us at
>> bo...@big-8.org.
>
>> Jason Evans
>
> Jason, there is no point in re-assigning moderation duties UNLESS the
> volunteer moderator is willing to present a small team AND a moderator
> succession policy. For decades, it's been made all too clear that one
> moderator working all by himself is a single point of failure that will
> inevitably lead to the group becoming unusable.

And then when the group becomes unusable, Kerman the German will oppose
and criticize any and all attempts to make it usable again. He is Mr.
"adjourne sina dia."

> You should include the alt.* groups as well although there's no
> legitimate way to re-assign moderators. Making the list all inclusive
> might dissuade any future proponent from suggesting moderation.

Typical Kerman the German bureaucracy. "If you can't do it perfectly
with forever guarantees, you should sit on your hands and do nothing at
all, but do demonstrate your technical and historical knowledge while
doing nothing." Don't move forward. Just explain why everybody and
nobody and even Parzival should do nothing, and stick to that position
like a tap root.

However Kerman's suggestion that the Big Eight should meddle with the
alt.* hierarchy will only cause more friction and confusion. This is a
German paper-pusher's dream!

Of course there is no legitimate way to re-assign moderators. It's ad
hoc, impromptu, "let's all figure it out together" kind of system.
Different server operators can do different things, or agree to do the
same things with management of a group in the alt.* hierarchy.

The ad-hoc system works great on Mastodon and ActivityPub systems.
Millions of people are using these systems now without Kerman the
German's sage lordship telling them a festering problem is better than
an imperfect solution.

We don't need Newszatsgruppen Bambi Ding Dongs or News Waffen Yes Yes
men stepping in to call the shots. Kerman the German is trying to play
you for suckers. He is staging a "binARYAN BITzkrieg" to pwn all your
binary.

Herr Kerman is stealthily trying to convert you into his vassal.

--

The Germanator
De-racinating Kerman the German and his Binaryan Bitzkrieg

D Finnigan

ungelesen,
21.02.2023, 08:56:2521.02.23
an
On 2/18/23 10:18 AM, Germanator vs. Kerman the German - Binaryan
Bitzkrieg wrote:
> On 2/18/23 05:54, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> Jason Evans <jse...@mailfence.com> wrote:
>>
>>> If you're interested in moderating a newsgroup and you've never done it
>>> before, take a look at Russ Allbery's Pitfalls of Newsgroups Moderation.
>>> => https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/mod-pitfalls.html
>>
>>> If you have moderated before, you already have access to moderation
>>> software and a Usenet server that will allow you to send moderated
>>> messages AND you want to moderate another one, then please email us at
>>> bo...@big-8.org.
>>
>>> Jason Evans
>>
>> Jason, there is no point in re-assigning moderation duties UNLESS the
>> volunteer moderator is willing to present a small team AND a moderator
>> succession policy.
>

> Herr Kerman is stealthily trying to convert you into his vassal.

You should moderate rec.humor.funny

Postiljon Petskin

ungelesen,
20.04.2023, 22:46:4820.04.23
an
Take a look at:

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀kohtumispaik2.freehostpro.com/a.php
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀kohtumispaik3.66ghz.com/a.php
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀kohtumispaik4.medianewsonline.com/a.php
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar.medianewsonline.com/firstpage.php
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀themostconfortabletalkplace.medianewsonline.com/a.php

Invite all Your friends too there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 neue Nachrichten